Regional Sales Manager
OptiFuse is looking for a dynamic individual who is creative, aggressive, highly organized, detail oriented and able to think on their feet. The successful RSM will be a highly energetic self-starter who can thrive with minimum oversight but must also work well within a total team-selling environment.
The RSM will manage all sales aspects of a geographically bounded territory in which there are current sales, but need additional resources to further grow.
The RSM will be charged with identifying, meeting, training, and managing distributors, reps and end-user customers. The success of the RSM will ultimately be measured by the total amount of sales derived from the RSM’s territory – not by the effort expended but rather by the results produced.
The RSM will work exclusively from OptiFuse headquarters office in El Cajon, CA but is required to spend up to 50% of their time traveling to their respective territory. There is no relocation allowance for this position.
This position involves selling electronic components. An electronics or engineering background is not required, however, an aptitude to learn basic electronics, nomenclature and specific applications is necessary.
- Regularly communicate with local distributors, within the territory, to identify and help close new sales opportunities.
- Provide product training and application information to the distributor sales personnel.
- Identify and communicate with end-user customers (with or without the assistance of local distribution)
- Identify opportunities at customers for new and/or custom products.
- Provide quotation and quotation follow-up to distributors and end-users.
- Identify and meet with new potential customers and distributors within the territory.
- Develop and manage sales incentive programs at key distributors to increase their awareness of OptiFuse and its products.
- Identify, hire and train local independent sales representative companies, if and when deemed appropriate.
- Be able to forecast future sales and report all sales related activities to OptiFuse’s management.
- Participate in continual learning programs.
- Achieve all sales goals and profitability targets by growing distribution sales.
- Be a “brand ambassador” representing OptiFuse at conferences, trade-shows, and trade association meetings.
- Develop and draft cost-benefit proposals to distributors and end-user customers
- Must be able to work independently and act proactively yet within a team setting
- Must convey an outgoing personality and maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Must be goal driven and possess the ability to excel in a result-oriented environment
- Must be computer literate especially Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to conduct market research studies using a variety of online resources
- Able to set priorities, plan and organize effectively
- Must be able to travel up to 2 weeks each month
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance, and clean driving record
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Must possess an analytical aptitude
- Have the ability to speak to groups in public (excellent communication and presentation skills).
- Have the ability to demonstrate products and their uses
- A fun, exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment
- A high level of autonomy and self-direction
- The opportunity for continuous education, growth, and advancement
- A base salary plus the ability to earn unlimited sales commissions
- Full company benefits including:
- Group Health Insurance
- Company matched retirement savings program
- Holiday and vacation time
If you feel that you are qualified and have the desire to earn a 6-figure income with full benefits, please forward your resume and cover letter to Jim Kalb at firstname.lastname@example.org.