Quality / Safety Compliance Specialist
OptiFuse’s mission is to make the world a safer place by designing, manufacturing, and distributing high quality circuit protection components employed by the electronics and automotive industries to protect people and equipment from deadly electrical malfunctions.
Selected in 2017 as one of Forbes 25 Best Small Companies in America, OptiFuse is an innovative leader in circuit protection components.
The company, founded in 2000 and headquartered in El Cajon, CA (a suburb of San Diego), prides itself as a values-driven company where we believe in marrying the ideals of mission, purpose and vision with a unique a company culture, community involvement, leadership training, open-book management, and building strong relationships with vendors, customers, and team members.
OptiFuse is a fast-growing and profitable private evergreen company. It has earned the distinction of being ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies continuously since 2014 as well as being a finalist as one of the Best Places to work in San Diego.
If you can envision yourself helping to make the world slightly better each day; if life/work balance in the world’s most livable city is essential to your mental and physical well-being; if creative, ethical, and meaningful work helps to brings you joy, if working in a fun, high-paced, and non-corporate environment helps you to do your best work; then perhaps a career at OptiFuse might be your future.
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual who possesses a high-level of personal integrity, respect, a strong character, and is both curious and creative to join our team as a Quality / Compliance Specialist.
As an OptiFuse team member, we will expect you to bring a positive energy and a fun to our work space each day.
We want you to be equally comfortable working independently as you are working as a member of various cross-functional teams.
Doing independent research to explore current quality trends, the latest compliance reporting criteria, and to better understand the most up-to-date testing standards, is essential to the position.
The culture of OptiFuse actively promotes strong relationships between vendors, customers and team-members so you will be expected to add your ideas, leadership, creativity, and decision-making skills to solve complex (and not-so-complex) problems.
A substantial part of your job will require you to create reports and other communications intended to be read by people who may not have a strong command of the English language so you will need to possess the ability to effectively communicate your message to maximize comprehension.
As a quality / compliance specialist, you will be required to perform testing and evaluation of parts manufactured by us and/or our manufacturing partners against industry accepted standards employing Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a library of control drawings, specifications, and compliance documents for each part in our extensive catalog.
Summary of Qualifications and Experience:
- Working knowledge of test and measurement equipment
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical circuits
- Basic understanding of mechanical properties
- Basic understanding of material properties
- Significant experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Some level of LEAN manufacturing and/or Six Sigma
- Experience with ISO 14000 compliance regulations and documentation
- Experience working with product safety agencies such as UL, CSA and/or VDE
- Experience with environmental regulations such as RoHS, REACH, and Conflict Minerals, and can understand and complete the most recent certification documentation
- An intermediate understanding and experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- A basic understanding of Adobe and/or CAD software
In addition to a competitive salary, at OptiFuse, you will receive:
- A fun, exciting, challenging and rewarding environment in which to do your best work
- A high level of autonomy and self-direction and the ability to truly make a difference
- The unlimited opportunity for continuous education and growth
- An opportunity for quick advancement in a fast-growing company
Full company benefits including:
- Company matched retirement savings program
- Generous paid holidays and vacation time (with buy-back options)
- Healthcare allowance
- Educational reimbursement
- Travel benefits
- Phantom company stock (should a liquidity event occur)
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jim Kalb
Fax – (619) 593-5055.
Our mailing address is:
1675 Pioneer Way
El Cajon, CA 92020
We will respond to all submissions to let you know that your resume and cover have been received.